Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I'm back yo!


It’s been awhile since I blogged here, but I’m giving this blog a fresh look and a new focus on updating my thoughts, success and failures in my everyday life. Now I’m busier than ever. I still draw comics but I also go to school full time now. I’m in the Military (no, I’m no POG!) and married with children. That means I’ll have lots to write about. I have a gallery show coming up this spring that’s gonna keep me busy trying to prepare for.

I entered a piece in a local juried art show here in the ole GC. Did I win? Of course not you silly goose. I have a few things going against me. First off I’m an illustrator, we never fair well in gallery shows next to giant oil painting and sculptures. Secondly, I live in a town that is not exactly the most open minded to my style of art. Lots of old blue haired twats were talking some shit about my work with me standing right next to them, them oblivious to the fact I was the artist that created this vile piece of modern dog shit.

You should have seen their faces when I kicked them in there dried up cunnys screaming, “fuck you old bitches, you don’t know good, though provoking art for shit sake…I heard you say you liked the water colored chickens! WATERCOLRED CHICKENS!!.” Ok, I didn’t say that, but it did cross my mind, (and I did kick them in their cunts). Anywho, the show was kind of a joke but I’m still optimistic in finding the subculture of exciting, fresh new artist that I feel is somewhere in this community. I hope to light a fire under the asses some of the old farmers and tight ass republicans that dot the Garden city landscape. I feel like Kevin Bacon in the great American film “Footloose”. I’m gonna get the young artists in this town drawing sick ultra violent images that will get them expelled from school, if it’s the last thing I do. It’s nice to have goals.

I have met a few young artists in my art classes I’m taking and most of them seem like wounded children that have been told that there is no value to their type of expression they put into their art. That’s how I see it anyway, I could be wrong, maybe those kids were touched by an uncle and they are a bit shy from that experience. who can tell these days. It doesn’t help that the art teachers here are less than encouraging about peoples art unless it fits into the boring fruit drawing cult that seems to have been spawned from this college. You gotta love Kansas! (Or not).

On another note, while I was away at Ft. Benning this summer Issue 2 of Pencilneck came out. I would tell you how good it looks but I have still not seen it myself. You can still order a copy from the comixpress website or from http://www.paperstreetcomics.com/. I’m doing some revamps on issue one that I have just about completed then crackin’ on issue 3 to get that out to the imaginary people who get to read my stuff. Their might be a new publisher for Pencilneck in the near future so keep your eyes on this blog for more details. Art wise that’s all that’s going on at the moment.

No comments: